Driverbase Inc. is an independent, data-driven car search platform. Our mission is to deliver a better car search experience. Driverbase has compiled vehicle information and implemented artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to calculate the optimal vehicle recommendations for every driver.
Culture & Benefits
Our team members are compensated with competitive $, %, benefits and remote employment flexibility. Our distributed working environment increases employee satisfaction while allowing Driverbase to recruit exceptional candidates throughout the United States.
Our culture is agile and open. As a distributed team, we put a heavy emphasis on clear communications, collaboration and iteration, within the team and throughout the company. Our engineers have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and have the opportunity to make a large and immediate impact on the future of our product.
- Lead mobile and web application development initiatives for driver, dealership and oem products
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Apply knowledge of test driven development along with expert coding skills to deliver a world class customer experience and exceed service level agreement objectives.
- Adapt artificial intelligence architecture to leverage distributed computing, multicore and multi threaded systems.
Skills & Requirements
Candidates should be capable of operating independently and making sound technical decisions, and happy to accept both the responsibility for and the accolades associated with getting a new product off the ground.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (Masters preferred)
- 3+ years of experience developing commercial web applications and services
- Expert-level knowledge of all component domains in a typical web application (think Model-View-Controller pattern)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of multi-threading and concurrency
- Familiarity with Agile development processes, Scrum, etc.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of the development cycle; from design, to development, testing, and release.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision, and to contribute effectively as part of a distributed team
- Do you use source control? Yes
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes
- Do you make daily builds? Yes
- Do you have a bug database? Yes
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do you have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do you have testers? Yes